Head of Corporate Turnaround
Led by principal Dermott McVeigh, Avior Consulting comprises analysts and consultants who are experts in their field, across a variety industries.
Dermott is a commercial restructuring specialist with over 13 years experience. Dermott began his career as an auditor in the UK and emigrated to Australia in 2002 where he specialised in corporate restructuring and financial modeling.
In 2009, Dermott became one of the youngest partners in Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Australia and played an instrumental role in growing Deloitte’s Perth practice with the major Australian banks and the mining services sector. Today, Dermott specialises in:
- Complex restructuring advisory services with a specific focus on distressed middle market companies
- Helping clients achieve major growth objectives with sustainable debt levels
- Helping clients extract significant value from improved working capital management, sustainable cost reduction and better financial performance
- Financial modeling and the preparation of three way financial forecasts to support debt submissions and financier reporting
- Providing financial modeling training to finance professionals.
Dermott is a Chartered Accountant in Australia and Ireland. He is also a member of the Insolvency Practitioners Association and a graduate member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.